Custom Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Discovering the "BLOG", and a Word of Encouragement

Wow!! What a vast world out there...the world of the "Blog". I've been reading up on effective blogging, and have also been straining my brain with brainstorming. What to write, what to post, so much to do....and IT'S NOT DEVELOPING QUICK ENOUGH!! I must be obsessive compulsive, not sure. :0)

None-the-less, my brain rarely shuts down when it comes to music, and now the desire to begin blogging. I'm excited about the future of what this could develop into, and who it may help, or inspire. If for no one else, even just myself.

Working in the Ministry of Music, especially when it's strictly by volunteer, can be tiresome and, many times, can become tedious. I've often asked myself, "Is it really all worth it?" I love to work and labor in the ministry for the Lord, but issues that arise can make both myself and family weary.

What makes the difference, is when you see that someone, whether it's a church member, or new comer, that comes up to you after a service and says, "Thank you for all you do." Whether you are compensated for your time and effort, or if it's all voluntary, that is the grease that keeps the engine running. Also, it's how you really know that you've been called to the work that you're laboring in.

So, with this, my second post, I would like to say, be encouraged. When the day is done and over with, even if you have only helped to ministry and touch one person...you will have fulfilled your duty, and that should give you a sense of accomplishment.

For anyone who may read this, whether you direct the choir, play an instrument, or run the show.....it's all worth it. Count it all joy!!

B

0 comments: