Custom Search

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where to Go Next??

Have you ever desired to do something more.....but could never figure out what that "something more" is?? That's where I'm at. I have an undying desire to do something with myself, but have no idea where to go, what do to, or where to start.

I've always wanted to have my own business, doing something I enjoy....or maybe even something I'm not crazy about, but that I can call my own. I've tried a few things...mostly MLM business that didn't get me anywhere. I've searched the web over looking for something, or someone, that would have the answer and/or idea I could run with. Alas....I can find nothing.

Of course there are thousands of websites/links, forum posts, etc. talking about how you can make lots of money blogging. Hopefully this will someday prosper for me, but in the meantime I don't have much direction (really sad isn't it). :0)

I love and enjoy music, so someone had mentioned that I write a book about learning to play the piano. ...Hmmm.......they may have something there. I do enjoy writing (hence this blog), and I do enjoy playing and teaching music. More than anything else, I enjoy sharing what I enjoy with others, and also watching people grow and better themselves from what I can teach them. Though this passion doesn't seem it would work as a store front item for sale (Attention shoppers: "B's Betterment Emotions are now half off), but an instructional piano book.....may be on to something. I've never ventured into an endeavor such as this, but sounds fun & exciting.

Challenging would also be a fitting word for project of this sort. I took classical piano lessons when I was younger, for about 2 years. After that, I more or less taught myself everything I know. I purchased instructional video's, books, have attented multiple music conferences, and have bothered every piano player at every church I've attented. When I put all these together, over the years I have developed my style & understanding of playing the piano.

Though I would never consider myself a professional piano player, I would say that my style and music theory knowledge would be fairly advanced. Being that I am someone who needs things explained either a few different ways, or in a simple way, I feel I am, if nothing else, good at explaining things to others, so that they can comprehend them.

That being said, I'm going to try my hand at writing an instructional book on playing the piano. I'm not sure what my target audience will be, nor the content thereof, but hopefully in the end, I will have a product that will be helpful, inspirational, and something set apart from the rest. I hope it to be practical, visual, and immediately applicable to what someone will be able to use. Hey......maybe I'll include usable song material for those that either work in music ministry, or desire to.

Say a prayer for me.

God Bless & "Keep on Keeping on,"

Bro B

0 comments: